Coastland has an immediate opening for full-time Civil engineering CAD Designers in our Santa Rosa, Auburn and Fairfield offices. The candidate will be familiar with AutoCAD Civil 3D and have a desire to grow professionally.
Responsibilities will include CAD design of a variety of municipal infrastructure projects, including transportation, water and wastewater capital projects.
- Recent professional experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D and other drafting software to develop designs for municipal civil engineering projects is preferred, but AutoCAD Civil 3D training will be provided to the right candidate.
- Associate's Degree or Certificate of Achievement in Drafting/Design, Civil Engineering Technology, Surveying or related field from an accredited college/university, plus appropriate continuing education is preferred.
- The ability to interpret and develop detailed drawings from sketches and mark-ups provided by professional civil engineers.
- The ability to complete basic calculations related to civil engineering drawings.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Able to work in a collaborative environment and interact with staff, clients and government agencies.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).