Coastland seeks an experienced Building Division Regional Manager to oversee and coordinate all Building Division operations in the firm’s regional office in Auburn, California. This senior management position will have a minimum of 10 years of progressive experience working in and with municipal building departments. CBO certification and/or Professional Engineer/Architect license are desired.
The position will direct a team of building plans examiners, plan check engineers and inspectors to ensure all service and performance goals are met for our municipal clients in the Foothills and Sacramento regions. Responsibilities include leading regional business development activities and supporting the Building Division’s planning and budgeting efforts.
Coastland seeks an experienced Building Plans Examiner / Building Official to join our growing Building Department in our Auburn office. The position will perform a variety of plans examining and building official duties for our ongoing municipal clients to ensure compliance with codes, ordinances and standards.
- Minimum of 10 years of municipal building department experience
- CBO, ICC Building Official, Plans Examiner or Combination certifications
- California Certified Access Specialist (CASp) is a plus
- BS in Civil, Structural or Architectural Engineering, or BS in Architecture (preferred)
- CA Licensed Professional Engineer or Architect (preferred, but not required)
- Competent user of Microsoft Office 365
- Able to work in a collaborative environment and interact with staff, clients, architects and government agencies
- Knowledge of the local market is desired with a proven ability to develop client relationships is a plus
- Excellent customer service skills in the field and office
- Valid Class C Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record
- US Citizen